Originally an update on the Scout Digital Marketing Facebook Page.
Like anything new, making digital and social media marketing a regular and rewarding part of your business can be tough.
But also like new challenges and lifestyle choices, you need to be committed to them and soldier few those first few weeks to turn them into a habit, and one that you see rewards from.
Think of it like a new diet or exercise regime.
- Firstly, you need to have a goal, and know why you’re doing it and what you want to achieve.
- Then have a plan. For what you’re going to do each day and put it in your calendar and to do list as an important part of your day.
- Tell others. Colleges, peers, friends. They can help to keep you on track.
- Stick at it. Just like a daily exercise session, book in time to spend on your online marketing and plow through it.
- If you get off track, don’t beat yourself up about it. It happens, we’re human. Just get back on track as soon as possible.
- Set yourself a review time. It takes 3 weeks to form a new habit, so after 3-4 weeks look back over what you’ve done and what results it’s yielded.
- Keep going. Digital and social media marketing aren’t a quick fix diet, they’re a long term lifestyle change.
Make it relevant and part of your routine and you will see positive long term results!0